Avoiding the Back to School Stress
Transitioning from summer vacation to a school schedule can be a stressful time for everyone in the household. Preparing ahead of time will allow you to avoid some of the mayhem. Here a some tips to help make your life a little bit easier this new school year:
1) Wake-up Early: ⏰ Giving yourself enough time in the morning is crucial! Waking up early will give you the extra time needed to adjust to the new routine and will help avoid being late to school or work.
2) Meet the Teacher: 🍎 For those that have young children going to school, meeting the teacher could bring you some much needed peace of mind. For older students, getting to know your teacher(s) means an added resource you have at school to help you with anything you might need.
3) Know the School: 🏫 Learning your way around the campus ahead of time will alleviate the stress and confusion that comes with searching for your classrooms, bathrooms, library, etc. Keeping a map of the campus handy could be a life saver!
4) Have the Proper School Supplies: ✂️✏️ School is tough enough as is. Not having the correct supplies only makes it tougher! Check your local retail stores for back-to-school sales where you can get all the necessary supplies for a reasonable price. Target, Walmart, & Dollar Stores are all good places to search!
5) Know your Class Syllabus: 📋 Typically your course syllabus will include an overview of important dates and deadlines. Referencing back to your syllabus and knowing these assignments and deadlines will help you stay on top of your school work without falling behind!
6) Get Involved: 👍🏼 Find out what types of programs and clubs are available at your school and join! Athletics, ASB, National Honor Society (NHS), California Scholarship Federation (CSF), PLUS, AVID, and many other clubs are available in the Temecula & Murrieta school districts here locally. Getting involved makes school more enjoyable and fun!